So, what is an expert patient?
- know the quality of their lives is primarily up to them
- believe they can exert significant control over their lives
- are determined to live a healthy life despite their chronic condition
- are realistic about the impact of their disease
- have worked out what services exist and utilize those services appropriately.
* Expert patients blogs:
- have a sense of audience that goes beyond family and friends
- show evidence of actively seeking a variety of information from a variety of sources
- talk about treatments beyond their own course of treatment
- share links that could be useful to others.